Regularly changing your filters is a great practice but isn't the only thing needed to ensure proper maintenance on any given system. Here are a few preventative measures that should be performed to prolong the life and efficiency of your system.
- Check temperatures on the return and supply side of the furnace or air handler.
- Flush condensate drain lines once per summer is recommended.
- Install safety float switches is recommended if not previously installed.
- Inspect electrical components for burn marks or burnt wiring.
- Refrigerant charge to be checked if necessary.
- Flame rod on gas furnaces to be cleaned annually.
- Depending on your homes surroundings, a condenser coil cleaning may be necessary every 3-5 years.
- Humdifier drum replacement ( added cost )